Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

The Weekend

Last Thursday my husband and I attended the Charleston Food Film Festival after I won tickets from Sydney's blog. This was our first time attending and it was so much fun.
We showed up for the VIP access where we were treated to yummy appetizers and drinks from local restaurants and breweries.
 Image via Sydney's Instagram

All of my pictures turned out so blurry but here was me and my husband at the festival

Once the general admission started, people quickly took their seats and the films began.  As you're watching the short films, food and/or drinks are brought out on a tray and passed down each row. The first film, Cuda, was about Perfectly Frank's in Summerville. The Cuda is one of the hot dogs served there so they passed down dogs for us to try.

Next up was Cultured Craft Beer so we sampled six local breweries. The third film, my favorite, was Growing Local: Seeding a Dream. It wasn't about a local business but instead about a farm in Maine. The owners of the farm brought organic carrots for us to try. Up next was Sollo, a film from Spain. The food for this was a pork & sturgeon morcilla which was my least favorite food of the night. The final short film was Ain't That a Blessing about two local camp meeting sites produced by the local paper, The Post and Courier. Chick's Fry House made some delicious fried chicken thighs with B&B pickles and hot pepper jelly as an homage to the film and the food shown.

After the films were over, the after party started. There were so many delicious drinks and foods to be sampled. My favorite was a cake sample from Twenty Six Divine. If I ever need a cake to be made, I am definitely going there! After all the food before, during and after the film, we pretty much had to roll ourselves to the car! The Food Film Festival was such a great time and I definitely hope to go again next year!

On Saturday we headed to Cupcake Camp: Charleston at the Aloft near the airport. Basically you just show up and try free cupcakes. They were accepting donations to benefit the Charleston Animal Society so we were excited about that since one of our animals was adopted from there.


That cupcake on the back  right was ahhhhmazing. It was a sweet potato pie cupcake with marshmallow frosting...sooo soo good! After getting our fill of cupcakes we headed to Starbucks for one last BOGO free holiday drinks!

 Peppermint mocha frappucinos are my fav. What's your favorite Starbucks holiday drink?

Did you do anything exciting this past weekend?!








 

No comments:

Post a Comment