Pages

Friday, November 20, 2015

five on friday

one.

 Depending on where you live, you might not have heard about Megan Hiatt (above holding her twin babies). Megan, with the help of her father Jimmy (a friend of my mom's), was moving out of the house she had been sharing with her 5 month old twins and (ex) boyfriend while the boyfriend was at work. A family member of the boyfriend contacted him, apparently, and let him know she was packing up. The boyfriend left work early (he was in the Navy), came home, shot and killed Jimmy, forced Megan to hold her babies while he shot and killed them, shot Megan multiple times and then shot and killed himself.

Megan is going into her 5th surgery today. A friend of the family has set up a GoFundMe page to help with medical expenses. There is also another page set up to help with Jimmy's funeral and burial expenses. You can read more about what happened here, though there are some inaccuracies in the article.

two.

  I made this Chocolate-Bourbon Pecan Pie (also called a Kentucky Bourbon Pie) this week and it was amazing. I used Maker's Mark bourbon because I read that was the best one to use.

three.




 My husband and I visited Hampton Park in downtown Charleston the other day. It has a running/bike lane around the park plus plenty of walking paths within the grounds. We really liked it and will definitely be back.

four.
 My husband tried out Anna Bell's a few weeks ago in North Charleston with some buddies from work and he hasn't stopped talking about it so we made a stop on Wednesday. I had the Southwestern burger and it was pretty good. I especially love their seasoned fries.

five.
I have been wearing this necklace non-stop that I got from my bestie back in Texas for my birthday. Now I just need the matching earrings ;)

Hope y'all have a great weekend! 

Linking up with Sept. Farm for oh hey friday

1 comment:

  1. Wow what a sad story! This world has far too much violence and hate! I pray for Megan and her family!

    ReplyDelete