Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Exploring Charleston #1

We have been living in Charleston for a little over a year now but have not even begun to really explore the city.  There are so many places I want to visit and restaurants I want to try.  My mom was in town this weekend so we did a little walking around and tried two places on my to-go list.

 We happened upon the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist while walking around.  My kids said it was 'creepy'. I thought it was very interesting and the stained glass was pretty amazing.
 I always see some of my fav Charleston area bloggers posting pics on Insta from Kitchen 208 on King St.  Finally got to try it.  There was a loong wait for food but it was pretty good. I had the Turkey Shoot.

We then headed up King Street to try Christophe Chocolatier which located off King on Society.  We tried the Opera Cake:
 and several macaron.  The one below is coconut.  It was delish.
 What are your favorite restaurants in Charleston?!  Anyone know of any good Mexican or Tex-Mex restaurants here??

-Erika-

17 comments:

  1. I am drooling over that turkey wrap and chocolate cake...yum!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Cash Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW does Charleston look like an amazing place to live!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to visit Charleston! Great pics!

    blog.buggydesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm jealous, I really want to live in Charleston!
    The quaint streets, the old buildings and homes, and beautiful gardens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore Charleston! Hubby & I are taking a trip at the end of May! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always wanted to go to Charleston, it's on my bucket list. That macaron looks delicious!!

    www.adoredbyalex.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would really like to vistit Charleston someday!

    Could you check out my blog and follow it on bloglovin? I will follow back!
    A have a new post every day!

    Stay fancy!
    xxx Kelly-Louise

    fancysince1992.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing shots! all the food looks super yummy <3

    Letters To Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pictures! :) Looks super fun!

    AJ | TheAJMinute

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun post! I love Charleston! The old school vibe it has is so fun! That cake looks delish!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.HeyLoveBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh that food looks so tasty! love it! YUM!
    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Charleston is one of my favorite cities. I have a dear friend who lives in Summerville. We visit at least 2 times a year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. so jealous that you live in that beautiful city!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never been to Charleston, but I've always wanted to go! It looks beautiful;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. My son went to CofC and now my sister moved there. It is a wonderful city with a lot to do. I loved the grave yard and jail house ghost tours. It might be too much for the kids, depending on their ages but such spooky good fun. There was a really good fish place on King Street, but I can't remember the name. I'm sure you'll find it. It's one of the hottest spots.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2014/06/ww-world-cup-google-art.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have heard amazing things about Mex 1 in west ashley, I have been dying to try it!

    ReplyDelete