Pages

Monday, September 21, 2015

Houston, TX: Glenwood Cemetery

How has it been over two weeks since I said I would post the second part of my Houston trip?!

On my hunt for finding free things to do, I kept coming across Glenwood Cemetery.  I know for a lot of people, cemeteries are morbid and creepy but I have always found them to be beautiful. As I was reading, I also found out that Howard Hughes and Gene Tierney Lee are buried at Glenwood so it immediately became a must-see for me.

I love Old Hollywood movies and both had a part in some major classics. You might also know of Howard Hughes because Leo DiCaprio played him in The Aviator. This poster from Gene Tierney's movie Laura, which is one of my favorite film noir classics, actually hangs in one of our bathrooms. She is the female lead (hard to tell when there is a Gene and a Dana listed).


 I'd really wished I'd brought flowers when I saw these old ones laying on Gene Tierney Lee's grave.


The Hughes family plot. It is all gated off and you can't get up close.

Do you enjoy visiting cemeteries? Any favorites? 


2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a beautiful cemeteries. I haven't explored many here, but when I was in Europe, I loved going to some of the older and more famous ones there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this looks like such a cool place! Old cemeteries are so neat! I've been to a few and they're fascinating!

    ReplyDelete