Pages

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

tuesdays with Morrie {a review}


Many years ago, I worked in a bookstore and I always had customers ask for Mitch Albom's book tuesdays with Morrie.  I was, at that time, reading mostly things in the military section as I was dating my now-husband who was in the Army. When I saw that tuesdays with Morrie was available through Blogging for Books, I immediately requested a copy to review because I wanted to finally see what the fuss was all about.

The book is celebrating its 20th anniversary so this edition comes with a new afterword by the author. A brief synopsis: The author finds out his favorite old professor, Morrie, is terminally ill and makes trips to the Boston area to visit him. Morrie suggests they write one last thesis paper together- Morrie's lessons on life,death and more. 

After reading it, I completely understand why so many of my customers were eager to get their hands on the book. It is a wonderful reminder to all of us about what is really important. It is so easy to get caught up in our lives, in material things, in drama, etc. Sometimes you just need a little nudge to wake up from all of that and this book definitely does that.

The writing was great. I loved that stories from their college days were mixed in with the time they spent together when Morrie was ill. I also enjoyed the snippets of poetry throughout from some of Morrie's favorite poems. Great book, easy read, highly recommend!



I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment