Pages

Friday, April 15, 2016

This Is Your Brain on Sports {Review}

I was really excited to start  this book, having just finished another sports book (see review here), but this one was much easier to put down and walk away from than the other. 

There are lots of interesting facts and studies referenced throughout the book but I didn't find it as exciting as the back cover blurbs made it out to be. With all the studies and papers mentioned, it seemed more like a really long college term paper. My favorite part of the book was the witty chapter titles and learning about Thuzio.com.  Thuzio is where you can pay to have interactions with sports celebs. For $15,000 you can apparently have Gronk show up to your BBQ. If I ever win the lottery, there's gonna be a Patriots party at my house! There are also athletes who will make a video greeting for you to give as a gift for around $100. Pretty cool, huh?

I think this book would be a good read for someone who is interested not only in sports but in science and psychology, otherwise it might be a bit of bore.

I received this book courtesy of Blogging for Books to review. All opinions are my own.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment